Summer is making its presence felt...
Yeah, it's summer here in San Pedro Valley of Southeast Arizona- just like it's summer in the rest of the continental USA. And to be honest it's not as bad as I have felt here in our neck of the desert near Benson, Arizona. Daytime highs are over 100°F but (so far!) under 110°F. So not as bad as it can get down here 58 miles North of the US/Mexico border and the town of Naco in Sonora, Mexico.
And this year seems to be giving the US a particularly nasty fire season. Yikes! I haven't checked any stats to confirm but it seems there are reports daily even in states like normally-wet Washington that are getting some serious fire damage this 2026 season. Fire crews are getting hammered very hard.
Even with frequently smokey skies I've been able to grab a few nice sunsets as a reminder that this is a beautiful place to have a camera close at hand!
![]() |
| These startling reds are pure luck with timing... most nights are just not this intense! |






Comments
Post a Comment