All of a sudden it was summer...
... and it seems to happen that way consistently.
And this wasn't the real so-hot-you-can't-stand-it which can hammer us here at the gates to hell. This pseudo-cremation schedule is an iffy sort of thing and very dependent upon monsoons.
The NWS says monsoons start in June-July but in reality it's very much July and it's very dependent upon the weather phenomenon which drives it. Some years monsoon rains are an occasional inconvenience and other years they are consistent and strong. And 'strong'? That means a lot of rain arriving in T-storms. And in case you've led a sheltered life, T-storm = thunderstorm.
So in the mean time we wait and watch. And that means sunrise photos...
One more thing: a few months ago I was alarmed by a news report that they were building a new electrical power substation across the mountains which border our San Pedro Valley. I've heard it called the Willcox Basin.
We recently had a ride in that direction and discovered no sign of that construction (though I may well have missed it!). Instead I saw what appears to be hundreds of acres of solar farm... to my untrained eye it's huge.
So I went digging for info and came up empty handed. Nada.
I did learn that there are many other projects that are well documented. For example this 350 MW solar array South of I-10 in the Willcox Basin. It's far enough off the road that we've never seen it when taking a drive through the area. Perhaps the operators feel that advertising the presence of a solar array would invite sabotage. Dunno (that would be a pretty sad scenario if that's the case!).
![]() |
| Solar array in the Willcox Basin. |





Comments
Post a Comment