Odd goings-on...
... here in our version of Winter Wonderland in Arizona.
![]() |
| Sunrise on a mostly cloudless winter morning. |
We're not used to seeing warmish weather and consistent sunshine during the winter months. It's, mmm... weird. We had a high of 78°F yesterday and again today. I used to blame things like this on Russian conspiracies (yes, I'm joking!). I guess I need to find a new conspirator.
Snowbirds have arrived and settled in. Prices in the stores are at all-time highs to celebrate their arrival. At least the Canadians aren't going to feel like they're being financially abused since they apparently aren't coming to the US this winter... our pres seems to have offended them sufficiently that they are finding new winter-vacation spots to spend their $$$. Yet another hit to Arizona winter income. (Thanks a lot Mr. Pres.)
To celebrate the season the Admiral - my Admiral - led a celebratory parade to the dentist's office to have a crown re-attached for the 3rd or 4th time.This time involved a long appointment to grind and install some pins to keep the thing in place. Yikes! Glad it wasn't me.
Our friends Michael & Layne aboard Gannet 2 are working their way through Brazil these days. An alternator problem has come to visit them and they are in the midst of dealing with that plus a long list of planned modifications to improve van life aboard Gannet 2. Gannet 2 is their 2021 RAM Promaster van which they had modified back in 2021 for long distance travel.
Gannet 2 before it left Key West to tour thru the US, Mexico, Central America |
They must have close to 150,000 - 200,000 miles of travel by now including the very long drive from Venezuela to the tip of South America. I need to ask!

Comments
Post a Comment