It was a grey day...

 ... right from the git-go.

Looking to the South. Looked threatening but it was all bluster.

Rainy season (properly monsoons) are technically over for the year. But weather being weather it gets to do what it wants.

And a little more bluster the next morning. But that's all we got.

So the best move was to ignore the weather. The weather gods were apparently offended and stopped entertaining me.

Those clouds down against the horizon dissipated not long after I got this shot.

It's Fall now and dawn is much later- so we made a change. I was given a diet plan by a nutritionist in Key West maybe 20 years ago. That plan said I was to first eat my meal, then sometime in the 15 min to 2 hr interval which follows I was to walk for at least 10 min. I did that for a time while living in the Florida Keys then later in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Then we discovered RVs and 3 walks per day after meals went out the window till we landed in Southeast Arizona. But Arizona weather drove me to do a longer walk early in the day in order to avoid the killer sun/heat which is our local weather.

Recently I recalled those instructions about walking after each meal. A lot has changed in my health and diet since the nutritionist gave me 'the talk' but her instructions were appropriate regardless. So I got it into my head to try to go back to the walk after the meal instead of before. 

Dunno if it will stick but I'm on a roll of 4 days in a row (big woop!) of walking after eating breakfast and 2 days in a row walking after lunch. Maybe I can parlay that into her broader instructions. The really hard part will be making it work during the warm season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!