Gettin' hot in San Pedro Valley...

I'd bet a nickel I've used that title before. It's a no-brainer- it's always getting hot in the San Pedro Valley! Or at least that's how it feels.

And sunsets are still spectacular even when snapped from the porch with a cell phone-

Sunset from the landing outside our front door.

Temps are creeping up as they do in the latter part of spring. We will probably see our first 100°+ day before this posts at the end of May. It's actually been milder than we have seen some years so there's no room for complaint. Well... unless I have a specific request to whine. I can certainly do that if needed!!

Snowbirds started heading toward the travel-door well before the end of April. Not sure what those folks found when they got back to their home turf but I suspect it was not terrible weather. Well... unless you live in Telluride, CO (a ski area) where a friend is spending his summer: they had more snow a few days ago (19 May?). But then that's Colorado at over 10,000' elevation so all bets are off.

I was curious what the park looks like from above and beyond. Google Maps has satellite imagery of pretty much everywhere on Earth so I did a quick peek. But if you want the sense of a travel photo taken from orbit then it might be worth your time to give Google Earth a try. Yup... there we are on lot #265 with the RAV4 and the RAM truck parked in front. This is a Google Maps image which I rotated 90° clockwise (West is up)...

 

Google Maps showing SKP Saguaro Co-op. The map is rotated to West-up.

Then you can compare that Google Maps image above to a different satellite image from Google Earth below. More like a snapshot taken from orbit. OK... maybe only a nerd thinks it's an interesting comparison. But then consider the source.

SKP Saguaro Co-op a little South of Benson, AZ via Google Earth.

Turns out this image is a little dated: that area toward the bottom of the image (East) which includes the roads for a housing development that hasn't yet been built has changed over the last year. Construction started about May 2024 and (I think!) has now in late May 2025 been complete. I believe all (most?) units have been sold and the new owners have moved in. 

Guess I'll have to keep track of how long it takes before Google updates the satellite imagery!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!