Another great 'Reveille' before breakfast...

About to start the day...

How can we complain about cold winter temps when this pre-dawn sight greets us to start the day?! And yes, what we (I!) complain about for cold temps here in southeast Arizona are the basis for a balmy day in Minnesota.

When I'm kinda' bumbling around getting to the casita for the morning call (an old fart in a hurry must be a scarey thing to see!) you would think I'd miss something like sunrise imagery. Even when in a rush I try to pay attention to what the day is going to offer and this is what I saw on Christmas Eve morning at 06:28. 

It's just after Christmas, so dawn doesn't break here in the San Pedro Valley of southeast Arizona till after 07:30 this time of year. Oddly the National Weather Service says dawn was at 07:20 that day. On the ground, however, it happens later than that. Must have to do with Benson being in a valley which obscures the first light... ?? The sun has to rise above the Dragoon Mountain range which forms the east rim of the San Pedro Valley. Just my WAG but I do see the sunlight creep down the west valley wall over a period of several minutes.

We watched 'A Christmas Story' last night so I'm still in the mindset of that movie: I hope everyone got at least some of the Christmas toys Santa promised to bring. Maybe not a Daisy BB Gun ("you'll put your eye out!") but you get the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!