Waiting for seasons...

... is much like watching grass grow. For those stimulated by change it's probably not too rewarding. And this year is more of the same but exaggerated.

On the bright side there have been a few nice sunrises to enjoy as I plod around the park pretending I'm awake. I can make it about 1/4 mile then I have to stop till the cramps in my hip subside, then I stomp along like everything is 'peachy keen'. Mmm... to non-octogenarian readers, 'peachy keen' is like 'just fine' but with a sarcastic bent. I can think of several more self explanatory word choices but I'd probably offend someone.

And, just so I don't look too conspicuous standing in one spot like I'm waiting for a handout, I get out my phone and pretend I'm reading a new text message or checking my BBC News feed. I'm living in a place with people much like myself so I'm probably not fooling anyone but it's what I do.

Getting the phone out is also an opportunity to point one of the four cameras at something and snap a few pics. With this early fall weather, we are seeing a few clouds which most often add something of interest to a quick shot. 

Here are a few recent tries starting with the view across the valley toward the East...

Looking East across San Pedro Valley toward the Dragoons (left) and Cochise Mountains






I was hoping we might get at least a sprinkle but no joy






And just to see if you're paying attention here's a shot of a freight train crossing the San Pedro Valley on it's way East. The line snakes around a bit but eventually leaves San Pedro Valley at Dragoon then through Cochise and eventually through Willcox, Bowie and points East kinda' following I-10...


Freight train maneuvering through San Pedro Valley to get thru the pass
(out of sight to the right) near the town of Dragoon.
 
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!