As I feared...
... it's turning hot again!
Well... maybe not so much 'hot' as dry! This was a typical September head-fake that summer is over. But instead of genuinely cooler weather from the approaching Fall season. the monsoons dry up which means no clouds. No clouds = hotter weather.
I occasionally note the number of leaseholders returning to the park. We have 113 here compared to a mid-summer low of about 105. That's 113 leaseholders on-site compared to a maximum of about 300 leaseholders. There are also about 23 annual 'renters' plus another 27 six-month renters (renters don't get to vote at board meetings but are probably on the Hot List to get a lot when one becomes available). There are something like 400 leaseholders and renters combined, though not all return every year- travel plans and health issues make it variable. So the annual migration of snowbirds to Southeast Arizona hasn't really started in earnest yet.
And that's life in the (not very!) fast lane of bustling Benson, Arizona.
And of course with Fall approaching the Admiral and I are dealing with our annual medical appointments and dental checks. That means occasionally getting up before 0600 so we can make the 1.5 hr drive through commute traffic to get to the doctor's office on time. I really thought I'd left the commute-driving behind when I retired 31 Mar 1995!!

Comments
Post a Comment