Uh-oh! Here comes summer...
![]() |
| It's official- summer has arrived! Sort of. |
We all knew it was just around the corner. Seeing it in writing, however, makes it official: summer is about to hammer Southeast Arizona. The weather forecast above, sourced from my phone via The Weather Channel & Ch 18 TV in Lexington Kentucky (it's a long story!), says 19, 21 & 22 April are going to hit 90° or more. Time for Mrs. B's little boy to start whining!
I go thru this every year. I dread the start of summer as - among many things - it severely limits time outside. Folks that are good at dealing with the high summer temps here in Cochise County, AZ simply get up earlier. So instead of getting up at our usual 0700 I should just get up at 0600? or 0500? No &^^%$ way! Clearly you fail to understand that anyone who whines about summer temps also whines about 'getting up early'!
There are folks in this RV park who get up at 0300-0400 when it's time to get on the road. They disconnect their RV from water, power & sewer and for a trailer connect that RV to the tow vehicle. They get breakfast out of the way and are on the road before sun-up. So there's no sympathy for the lazy slug that is glued to his bed waiting for revile at the 0700 alarm.
Summer regimen messes with other things as well, e.g. the yard becomes a breeding ground for evil things like weeds. Mmm... and snakes too, but that's a separate issue. And the javalina start coming around looking for easy snacks then leave their calling card when they find none. Well... they also leave a calling card when they do find something!
And then there are the skunks. Even when they don't spray anything, the smell which clings to their fur is powerful enough to wake you from a deep sleep. Several years ago our neighbor Tom's dog Rowdy got into it with a skunk and got sprayed. Bad news for Rowdy! Took more than one bath to get rid of the odor. And Rowdy was miserable!
So while the rest of SKP Saguaro Co-op RV Park celebrates the coming season, the curmudgeon on Lot 265 says 'Humbug!' All the while Celia is so happy she nearly giggles as she heads outside to tend plants in EarthBox's or clay pots. And this curmudgeon must admit it's really nice having fresh veggies for the morning smoothy & for salads. Not to mention the occasional strawberry!

Mr. Coffee, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! I'm sitting on my front porch sipping coffee (made with beans you roasted) and listening to the sounds of a small town spring morning.
ReplyDelete263 Mrs here — I’m sure I’m akin to an avocado, I thrive in daytime highs from 68 to 72 degrees. Though I must admit 78 is looking really good right now. The problem with getting up early, early is that is when it’s finally cool enough to sleep well.
ReplyDeleteWell, it is what it is — and we do have a/c!😉