"It's too darn hot!"

That's a line in one of the songs in the musical "Kiss Me Kate" by Cole Porter. And he got it right for this transition summer of 2022 as global warming takes over every aspect of our lives.


This is what is projected for the EU for the summer of 2022. I expect roaring hot temps here in southeast AZ but... London?! Ireland and the Alps look rather inviting as do some coastal areas. I have serious doubts how we can continue as a species on the current trend.

And with these temps being forecast I have to worry about our future coffee sources. There's only so much high elevation available for growing. And the higher you go the less surface area is available for growing (think of a cone). It's my understanding that the robusta varietal is most tolerant of high growing temps. But frankly I don't care for the taste unless it's part of a blend. And it has 40% more caffeine than the arabica varietal I prefer- not a good thing for Mrs. B's little boy!

So... other than climate falling apart, how's your day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!