So... not much about coffee: where's the roaster?!

The Bullet coffee roaster still has place of honor in the shop! 

What has happened is I discovered Mexico Organic Chiapas at Coffee Bean Corral in Jul 2020. Since then Chiapas has replaced everything else for roasting and I didn't want to keep saying the same-old same-old here on iwantsomecoffee

In late-2019 thru mid-2020 I was obsessing about Ethiopia Organic Yirgacheffe. The Yirgacheffe is still a great choice but I don't get the same enthusiastic reaction from others as I do with the Chiapas. Not only are we 2 old toots happy with the Chiapas coffee I'm roasting, so too are the folks I share with. 

Now life is a little simpler. I keep roasting the same kind of beans the same way. No variation cuz I've worked all the bugs out of the roast profile which is now migrated into a Recipe (automated commands which control the Bullet roaster temperature). And that makes for nothing much to write about.

But that change in roasting habit did nothing to keep the Bullet's temperature probe from going bad. So now I have to deal with finding a replacement part. Aillio, the manufacturer of the Bullet R1 roaster, is a multi-national company based in Taiwan (mfg & support) and Bangkok (sales & headquarters). Aillio is the source for the parts but I'm hoping our US distributor, Sweet Maria's in Emeryville, California has a spare hidden away somewhere. The unexpected changes in bean temp (purple-ish curve, 2nd from the top) near the end of the roast aren't replicated in the infrared measurement (blue, the upper curve), so I have convinced myself the temperature probe is the culprit.



<iframe src="https://share.roast.world/profiles/VTJGc2RHVmtYMThhZFRlVW93M1pxU2JNdU9TMnFDVkhGd2JuUS9IOWVCZUg1WTdIdDdGRFNoMjNyN09UOFRndA?size=small" title="22.06.22-1 | MEXICO Org Chiapas -> Dk (445°/425°,6F°,41s)" frameborder="0" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin" allowfullscreen width="720" height="440" ></iframe> <iframe src="https://share.roast.world/profiles/VTJGc2RHVmtYMStGRDhnbDhLRmN6eU5PU2RQdjRsZHRKSll0NDBSd1JScnQ4SVAvN0FqYU4xdDJlWFR6ck9BTw?size=medium" title="22.06.22-1 | MEXICO Org Chiapas -> Dk (445°/425°,6F°,41s)" frameborder="0" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin" allowfullscreen width="720" height="400" ></iframe>

<iframe src="https://share.roast.world/profiles/VTJGc2RHVmtYMThhZFRlVW93M1pxU2JNdU9TMnFDVkhGd2JuUS9IOWVCZUg1WTdIdDdGRFNoMjNyN09UOFRndA?size=small" title="22.06.22-1 | MEXICO Org Chiapas -> Dk (445°/425°,6F°,41s)" frameborder="0" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin" allowfullscreen width="720" height="440" ></iframe>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!