Wish I understood this better...

Three Wednesdays in a row the wireless connection from our 3-network mobile WiFi died. I jumped to the conclusion it has something to do with the day of the week. So...

I called Millenicom's support folks and was told that I had been disconnected by 'the provider' but the tech reset the connection and I was good to go. Unfortunately that didn't tell me why the connection was dropped. Cuz it's a regular Wednesday thing? because we hit our (current) 100GB limit? or maybe 'the provider' (I had the feeling they weren't talking about AT&T who we were connected thru at the time) had some issue... ??

This morning I received an eMail from Millenicom saying they had just gotten the info this morning and that - since today is the first day of April - data usage was zero. Crap. Doesn't tell me anything about my usage and whether I need to increase the plan from 100GB/mo to 200GB/mo or if we're good with what we have.

The Speedtest results (below) aren't stellar but are apparently adequate for streaming our evening entertainment without offending our eyesight with a not-very-good screen image from Amazon Prime/BritBox. In general the performance has been sufficient for our needs except for this weekly Wednesday night event dropping us off the network. Notice that the Speedtest result for today is about 2/3 the Download Speed of the test I posted last week.

 

So it looks like the jury is still out. We'll see what comes of my pending attempt to get more usage info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!