It's offical...
I'm still among the living.
Visited the San Pedro Clinic on Friday and Sean says the chest X-rays came back fine. No surprises hidden away. And the blood work is better than I've ever seen. Wow! Guess the Admiral is doing everything right to keep me going.
My plan was to get a few roasts done today but emergency repairs got in the way. My poor old chair has been wobbling for the past year and threatens to unseat me each time I try to sit. [ Mmm... kinda contradicts 'emergency' doesn't it? ]
So after the morning walk (wow! 6 days in a row!) I stopped at Ace and bought some glue, made a proper mess of smearing it in all the wrong places and set the errant leg out in the sun. But the recommendation is to wait 24 hrs before messing with the joint so it looks like tomorrow before I can put the chair back together.
| Of course I forgot to get the 'before' but here's the 'after'. |
The lower threaded insert (on the left in the photo) had backed out and was not able to hold anything. And there was a big crack along the grain so neither insert could carry a load without gluing the wood back together. At this point to looks ok, but I'm not convinced the lower threaded insert can be seated sufficiently to keep things together. We'll see. I may find myself redoing this to get that insert deeper into the hole.
And that is only half the problem. Apparently I have another chair in equal disrepair and I'll have to tackle that as well.
Comments
Post a Comment