I missed the whole point...
I had wanted to say in the previous post that a persistent cough has taken its toll of coffee roasting. In fact I'm about a day away from opening a bag of Starbucks Verona- the first we've had to buy in years.
Verona is not penance by any means. I recall enjoying Verona a lot. It's a dark roast which has been consistent over the years. And we have always been able to find it wherever we travel in the US.
But the Admiral and I have become very attached to our morning cup of Chiapas from Mexico. I have a recent purchase from Coffee Bean Corral so I'm good to go for maybe 15 or more roasts.
The issue has been my persistent dry cough. I wasn't sure what that was about so I went to the PA (physician's assistant) at San Pedro Clinic. He ordered some chest X-rays and blood work. I'll see him Friday and see what he thinks. I think the answer is going to be 'you've got the bug that's been going around' but at this point who knows?
If I do in fact have 'a bug' then I'm going get back to roasting, possibly on Saturday since I've been feeling pretty good. But for the first time I will be wearing a mask. The Admiral wants me to go for a respirator but that's a little too big to fit on my face as I squirm around the roaster while roasting. So I'll break into her stash of KN-95 masks and see if that makes a difference. It seems entirely possible I have gotten too much roasting snot- that mix of oil and smoke and dust that comes from the roaster exhaust when I'm roasting.
Something good that has come from this has been that I have managed to start walking again after meals. That means about 4 days so it's hardly a trend, but it is in fact a start.
The discipline is to walk for 10 (or more) minutes after each meal. According to the dietician I saw in Key West, Karon Rzad, that was really important to someone who has a family history with diabetes. I did that for years starting in Key West then later in Santa Fe. Once we went on the road it was forgotten. So I'm trying to resurrect an old habit.
Comments
Post a Comment