Did a few roasts finally...

... and it was a good thing too. The Admiral had gotten us some Starbucks Verona (our old favorite) which did not live up to our recollection of 'favorite'. 

So on 20 November I managed to do 6 roasts of 1# each in the bag. 'In the bag'? Green beans lose about 17% of their weight during the roast so I have to roast more green beans in order to end up with 1# 'in the bag'. 

I was relieved it came out great and we both were pleased to have the Chiapas from Mexico back in our morning cup. I'm the only one that cares about the nerdy side of roasting but since it's my blog I'll include the roast graph...


I was really pleased with the shape of the curves so I translated this last roast of the day into a Recipe. The Recipe is a set of instructions used in RoasTime software (supplied by Aillio at no charge) that does the button-pushing for you. Hopefully I will be able to replicate this roast for this particular variety of beans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!