Ugh! Summer is over...

I've whined about the heat here in Southeast AZ since about March. Now it's the 11th of October and we just got our first freeze warning. Since March we've had100's, 90's and 80's (but thankfully nothing over 110 this year!). 

Now we get 2 days in the 70s and an overnight freeze. Be careful what you wish for!


This will be me headed up to check the mail. Well... maybe a golf cart instead of a horse but this image from Tyler Stableford clearly expresses my feelings about the weather change!

To celebrate the weather change I roasted my last 2 batches of Chiapas (last of the lot from Coffee Bean Corral, but another 25# arrived this evening) plus 2 batches of Cerro Brujo don Sergio (it's from Chiapas, Mexico) that I got from Sweet Maria's. A batch for me is 550 gm of greens which yields about a pound.

I've roasted a lot of Chiapas greens over the last several months and it has been consistently good. The don Sergio, however, is new to me so I'm not sure what to expect. If it turns out to be spectacular I'm going to be disappointed cuz I can't get any more... all gone. Which is the issue with Sweet Maria's- they're a small operation, says Thompson Owen the owner, and they work in small quantities. But their coffee is usually good and they provide cupping notes on every lot after it arrives.

Stay warm folks... it's gonna get cold out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!