Baby got new shoes!!
True to his word, Shannon got the wheels & tires (early I should add!). The Vegas is now whole again:
The ALCOA wheels look fine as do the 'hub caps' that cover the hubs. Oddly the hub caps are held in place by the chamfered rim of the lug bolts.
I'd been quoted 'about $4,500' for everything which was a little vague. I suspected the final price might grow a little. Instead of growing it was almost $400 less. And the wheels look great with all valves accessible using a 'truckers tire gauge'... the one with an additional valve that's angled at 45° to the rear.
Oddly my complaint about the steering pulling strongly to the right has disappeared. Not sure how that's possible but I'll take it. The Admiral would probably say it's because I was an altar boy for a couple years but I have a hunch that ship already sailed!


Comments
Post a Comment