I actually got a response...
from the Queen of Denial. It appears we've risen to the appropriate level of "late" to get some attention from the person at Lazydays responsible for registering vehicles they have sold. We received a .pdf file containing 2 partially completed documents which we needed to sign and return to her. I printed the docs and we each signed one. I have no way to scan images of the signed docs to do a paperless return. So...
... on Sunday, the Admiral's b'day, we took the signed docs to Laztdays and dropped them off at Finance. And made a visit to Chipotle for her b'day dinner. Then today I got another e-Mail saying thanks and that she would be taking them to the titling agency as early as today, Monday 16 Aug, so they can complete the registration process and issue a license plate number.
Which brings me to the next stumbling block: the titling agency, which is a private contractor that processes paperwork thru the AZ MVD so others can avoid the pain, cannot issue a metal license plate (they used to do that!). They can issue the number that will go on that plate which then allows the buyer to get yet another temporary plate but this time with the license number that will be on the metal plate when MVD finally gets around to sending it.
If all that makes sense then odds are good you work for AZ MVD. Gone are the days (over 50 years ago) when you could walk out with the real thing. I guess there was too much room for fraud. Or perhaps some consultancy convinced MVD there was that possibility whether or not it had actually happened. But then 50+ years ago I don't think private titling agencies existed. I guess that's progress but it seems more like adding invisible steps so there can be more finger pointing.
End of whine.
I built a clever kluge of plywood to anchor the Berkey water filter. Almost works. Involves hacked up plywood, Velcro and screws into the wall in the galley. Now I need to do it again for the Ram-Mount that will support our iPad Air so we can use it for navigation.
And then everything changed. Tuesday 17 Aug I exchanged a series of e-Mails with the person at Lazydays. The plans for signing a replacement power of attorney disintegrated. Nothing was going to work except to have an inspection by the AZ MVD to confirm VIN and description. She had made calls and was trying to arrange an appointment for the inspection since it was only 30 minutes till the Benson MVD contractor's office closed.
And arrange it she did. Both she and the MVD inspector (a contractor with a logo that said Motor Vehicle Processing) appeared here at our park at site #261 where our RV is temporarily... right at the start of a T-storm. And storm it did!!
Took about 20 minutes to dump 3/4" of rain, but eventually the inspection started, was finished, and a wad of bills passed from Jill of Lazydays to the MVP inspector.
Later that afternoon I received a .pdf file with our temporary permanent license number. Which means it's a temporary plate which I can print myself but it uses the permanent license number and doesn't expire till 30 Jun 2022. At some point in the next 10 months MVD will mail us a metal plate with the same number.
All of a sudden it's us holding up departure!
Comments
Post a Comment