Motivation..

We had gotten the Vegas to our park and rented the available lot across the street. The plan was to put things in order as we emptied the 12 tubs plus piles of "stuff" that were the treasures from our previous travel trailer. Just 50 feet away it's a convenient location and we could take our time sorting thru everything to decide on the best location and "do we really need this?". Good plan except...

A fire broke out east of Benson in the Dragoon Mountains which form the east boundary of San Pedro Valley- Benson is on the west side of that valley, a scant 10 miles away. With very strong winds, the Walnut fire (named I believe for the orchard area near Willcox where the fire originated) was becoming a threat on the east side of the valley and specifically the village of Dragoon. The strength of the winds was so high Cochise County Sheriff's office issued an evacuation notice for Dragoon and closed I-10 both east and west bound. Our park is located on AZ-80 which was designated as the escape route.

If things got worse and we had to bale out it was clear we needed to get the Vegas put together quickly. So The Admiral went into manic-mode and in a matter of about 8 hours we had all tubs, buckets, bags & bins from the travel trailer emptied and put away. The fire has diminished but I now see it was a blessing in the guise of a threat.

Almost done, but... where's the food go?! 

With the minimum taken care of, the Admiral made a trip to Walmart and got a few odds & ends to make the RV usable without raiding needed items from our Cottage (the model name of the trailer we live in). I made several runs back & forth moving tools & "stuff"... things to take care of a few regular maintenance starting with cleaning the windshield! All that "necessary" crap I stowed in the myriad outside compartments. 

Not everything is on hand to get the storage worked out, e.g. we don't have the sewer hose and the elbow fittings for connecting to a sewer or dump station. We do have the support for keeping the hose off the ground (required by AZ). Fire extinguishers are arriving tomorrow (Friday) but the aerosol can for kitchen fires arrived on Wednesday and is stored. Today I received the bug screen for the furnace

We tried out the queen mattress in the slide. Probably a very good mattress for small children that don't reach across the 2" drop from upper half to the lower half, but an adult will be a cripple within 20 minutes. C got on the Thor Axis/Vegas group on Facebook and within a few hours had worked out a solution involving a 4" thick memory foam mattress topper complete with URL to the item at Good Sam. It's on the way.

And before I finished this note I received the sewer hose & fittings. Well... except for the final piece: the box was missing the adapter for connecting the end of the sewer hose to the sewer. *&&^%$ I can probably find it at Walmart which makes me wonder why I didn't just go there in the first place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!