New motor arrived...

... and now it's installed. But not without the usual 2-steps-forward-and-1-step-back dance routined to keep the sedentary in the crowd (that would be me) from dozing.

The fan and a couple other items arrived after a 3 day trip from Oakland to Benson. I had carefully preserved the old screws so I would have no problem installing the new motor. For all the good *that* did! The old screws were for cutting a thread in soft plastic and the new motor required a a machine screw of undetermined size. This was on a Friday (of course!) so it was Monday before I could voice my whine. Plus 3 days delivery (again). The package actually arrived on time on Wednesday but Wednesday was a drive-to-Tucson-and-pick-up-your-new-glasses day. So was late Wednesday afternoon before the motor went into it's new home and I was only able to run the fan calibration routine... no time for roasting.

The motor mount is different because this motor has been changed to what the newer V2 roaster uses. Since I have a V2 control board now, that means that a replacement fan motor needs to be (should be?) matched. But that led to some head scratching cuz...

Oddly the new motor seems to be running at a slower speed than the old motor. I can't help but wonder if the roaster's firmware might have an error reading the speed of the old fan. Whatever, today was laundry day and the roaster was left to sleep in the dark so it's ready to roast some coffee on Friday. And if it's not too much bother, please make it coffee that is excellent thank you!


Well, ok... so this isn't the right motor. Just setting the mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!