Searching for decaf...
The search has been an on-going struggle. I limit myself to one 12 oz. cup of coffee and that's in the morning. I'd really like to have a second cup but the caffeine seems to interfere with my sleep. Decaf would be an option after I hit my daily limit, but finding a decaf I actually like as much as my morning cup of Chiapas has been a lost cause.
And finding nothing has been disappointing as I've tried a number of decaffeinated greens-
The Sumatra Aceh Farmers decaf above was pretty good but I can't say that about the other 9 decafs. And that roast went pretty well...
So... why the sudden interest in finding a great tasting decaf? Well my neighbor Will offered me some decaf he buys from Peet's (Mokha-Java darkroast decaf) for his wife Patty. That was downright good and it didn't need any qualifiers like "pretty good for decaf". We felt the same in past years when we were buying Starbucks Verona decaf. But I just haven't been able to compete at the level of these big kids.
So the hunt continues. It's gotta be out there somewhere...


Comments
Post a Comment