Hiding out from COVID...
Not the freeing experience I'd anticipated to have gotten the 2nd COVID vaccination. With the second shot on the score card (as of 19 Feb) we still have to act like we haven't had the vaccine since we will need to continue with wearing our masks, washing hands and acting in all regards like we haven't had the vaccination. But that apparently is what it takes for us (all!) to defeat this disease.
On the plus side my favorite crazy nurse was on hand to poke holes in our arms. This time we learned that Teri and her husband raise alpacas over in Chochise. They harvest alpaca wool in April otherwise the local temps will be so high it will kill them... these critters want high elevation and cold temps!
Teri says these guys come in 14 different colors- 14 shades of brown! Wonder if they all look as happy this guy. With a goof ball like this, what's not to love?!
But getting #2 out of the way has prompted us to plan a trip to our favorite restaurant: Mi Casa here in Benson. Finally a reward after more than a year of staying away! Look out Andy- here we come!!
Sadly our second favorite food vendor, Benson Donuts, was robbed the morning before our vaccinations. May was probably working that morning at 0730 when 2 young people came in and did the deed... on camera, thank you very much. But of course, just like Jesse James, they were wearing masks. We try to limit the visits to Benson Donuts (not exactly 'health food!), but now that we've had our 2nd dose of vaccine we can venture in and leave a big tip.
Roasting is still going on as I wind down on the most recent 25# bag of Organic Chiapas from Mexico- thank you Coffee Bean Corral in MS! I can't believe we're still hooked on this stuff! The roast has become pretty much automatic as I use a Recipe (a set of software instructions that automate the settings of the roaster thru a changes of power, fan and drum speed adjustments as well as Notifications that appear on screen). Kinda automates the start of the roast but I have to manage the heat at the end as there are no automated temperature controls in the roaster except for preheating.
I also included a batch of Liquid Amber for our neighbor Will (he buys the beans and I roast them). So far he seems to be a happy camper.

Comments
Post a Comment