Back for more Chiapas...

Probably because the coffees from Chiapas are a new discovery for us, we were both happy to rotate back to it when the Ethiopian Guji was finished. Very surprising that I didn't take the usual one or two days to adjust to the change in beans. This was like having your favorite relative suddenly show up for a brief visit after a long absence. "Great to see you again Uncle Chiapas!"

While we enjoy the remaining Chiapas, I was busy yesterday roasting coffee from not-too-far-away Veracruz... the abutting state to the West of Chiapas which then extends North along the Gulf of Mexico.

What we have from Veracruz is from a farm (finca) named la Laja or properly Finca la Laja, part of the holdings of the Sampieri family. I've done this one before and had a profile to follow, but for whatever reason it all got away from me toward the end of the roast and it went longer than planned. So we'll see how this works out.

If the Chiaspas is any indication, there needs to be a lengthy rest. So it may be awhile before we know whether it's ok or crap!

The first of the 5 roasts I hit it pretty much on the mark-


Unfortunately the remaining roasts all got away from me going as high as 455°F (yikes!). So I have some doubts about those-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!