It's a question of pride...

"If you use cream or sugar, you don't like coffee- you like caffeine!"

So said one YouTuber that has the same need to have coffee that tastes like it was roasted. So we (the Admiral and I) drink coffee with nothing added. No milk or cream, no sugar. No flavorings. If you like the taste of coffee you need nothing added to the coffee.

I think my strident view originated with using Cremora or CoffeeMate in the bad-old-days when I was still working. Disgusting stuff! To my taste, sugar was just as bad. Completely distracts from what you're trying to enjoy.

And then there's the roasted coffee that has had a flavoring added. Flavors like hazelnut. Or a Starbucks annual celebration of Fall with pumpkin spice. Sorry guys... no joy here! Just...


Ok, now I have to 'fess up. I love Cuban coffee. Cuban coffee is like an over-grown cappuccino made with espresso from coffee grown in Cuba. I ask for a Cuban, dark, three scoops. That means extra espresso (dark) with 3 scoops of sugar. My favorite Cuban has all the things I just said I don't like. 

But then life is fill of contradictions! As the Cuban Coffee Queen says...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!