And now I'm enthused...
Version 3 of Aillio's RoasTime software is starting to look pretty darn good. I'm getting enthused. Matt Camp is the sole programmer working on this (works from home in Idaho) and has done some good things.
The list of whines has diminished with version 3.0.59.0. Mostly down to trivial stuff...
- I asked that the font size of the superscript number for Event changes be increased- too hard to make out with my current vision
- When you have to log-in, a return takes you to the next option which is "Did you forget your password?". I'd prefer the next option was entering my password (yeah, trivial)
- The Logs listing, which is part of the Info popup box, is coming up blank sometimes. Even relaunching the Bullet doesn't seem to generate the usual start-up entries. The Info panel seems to work fine.
- During Preheat, PFD events were lagging the graph (didn't happen when I roasted). At ~20 minutes the events had caught up. This is different than when the Bullet is in Roast mode.
- There's a new Search box in Roast History that will find Beans and roasts by title. Very nice!
- Matt said the issue of time-scales between events and temp curves still has to be implemented in code but seems to be more clearly understood.
That's a pretty small list of new(er) items considering what I was seeing when we started.
Matt seems to be doing great. His list of bugs is much longer than I have here as he deals with 3 different platforms (Win10, Mac & Linux) so it may be awhile before this development effort is done. Or at least done enough.
Comments
Post a Comment