What's in the cup?
![]() |
| What's in the cup? |
Unfortunately Coffee Bean Corral doesn't make any effort to publish cupping notes so I don't have the usual info-packed diagrams I get from Sweet Maria's. Wish I could pinch hit as a cupper but I just don't have the training.
The roast went pretty well with a little less loss of heat as 1C got going (the chart/profile is below). I took the roast to FC (Full City) which is a medium-dark roast.
The first time I brewed this just-roasted coffee for our morning cup was a little disappointing. In my limited vocabulary it was a little rough around the edges- maybe a combination of a little bitterness, some unwanted acidity, and it had no distinctive flavor.
I've learned to not give up on a just-roasted coffee since things change as the beans age/season/mature/blah-blah. That's exactly what happened here. Day 2 it tasted a little less rough and I started noticing some sweetness. By Day 3 I thought I might be picking out some chocolate flavors. If there's the slightest hint of chocolate I can usually tolerate anything else the roast may have.
By Day 4 I was a happy camper. Not exactly a 'chocolate bomb', but close enough! And the Admiral gave me the look: 'well it's about time you realized this was really good!'
We have enough for another 3 roasts before I'll have to re-stock. Coffee Bean Corral also has some greens from Finca la Laja in Vera Cruz and I couldn't resist punching the Buy button when I read about it. So we'll have that to look forward to as well.


Comments
Post a Comment