Roadrunner Coffee Roasters- "It's for the birds!"
I had a visitor before I finished the 5th and last roast. I had slammed down some breakfast and went back out to the shop. I heard a noise and for an instant thought I might have stumbled and bumped something. But it repeated and this time I was standing still. I finally looked up and saw a roadrunner trying desperately to look invisible. He failed miserably. A few really strange vocal noises (I've never heard a sound out of one before!) betrayed the anxiety.
So I called in the fixer (that would be the Admiral- *my* Admiral) who is more to the Buddhist end of the spectrum- I'm more the hammer and machete type. She got a broom and gently coaxed it out the door. He took off like he'd just seen god and wanted out before there was a change in intent. One of those quirky things that happen in a very rural setting like we have here at the SKP Saguaro Co-op.
Then it hit me. I roast a bunch of coffee and give it away so I can have the pleasure of pursuing my hobby of roasting coffee. I guess it was a 'sign'- this non-business of mine will henceforth be Roadrunner Coffee Roaster: "Coffee for the birds!" Or something like that. Or maybe "So good it makes roadrunners wanna fly!"

Comments
Post a Comment