Is it fall yet?!
The heat keeps hammering us which makes it hard to concentrate on anything that doesn't involve air conditioning. Roasting coffee or doing maintenance on the roaster both involve a tiny, super-heated shop of 50 sq ft with no ventilation. Yeah... ventilation. Ventilation probably wouldn't do much to temper the heat as the outside air continues to stay above 100°F, currently for the 12th or 13th straight day.
Of course here in this land of insanity we call Arizona (you didn't think any of us that summer-over here are sane did you?!) we can always point at Phoenix and say 'they're crazier than we poor sods- they've had over 30 days straight of 110°F or higher so far this year!'
And in case you haven't figured it out yet, all this is an excuse for not roasting coffee. And I need to roast so I can work out a solution for managing the heat at the end of the roast. I have an idea which involves lowering drum speed significantly as first crack gets going. At this point I'm not sure what 'significantly' means in real numbers. Seems like a great idea at the moment, but... ??

Comments
Post a Comment