Plan B...

The daytime temps here in sunny (i.e. HOT) SE Arizona have been a pain. I roast coffee for a few others and daytime high's have been prohibitive.

I try to hand out coffee that is 24 hrs out of the roaster to give our friends time to use it all before the peak flavor is too far gone. Last Wednesday I managed to get in 3 roasts but that left me short by 2# so I filled in with some I had stock piled.

One of my friends said 'not to worry' as he had some backup on the way from Peet's. Yesterday I discovered a CARE package of 1# of Peet's decaf, just out of their roaster 48 hours before. Amazing to get coffee from a commercial roaster with that kind of date!

Thanks Will... much appreciated!

More importantly, the cup I just brought out to the casita is really good. Darker than I usually do a decaf but about right for a Mocca/Mokha/Moka (the spelling depends on your ethnic origin or who did the import). The darkness of the roast depends on what the roaster is trying to emphasize- decaf or regular doesn't matter (though it affects time in the roaster). Really enjoying this. And I didn't have to get sweaty! 😅

And Plan B? B = Backup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!