The ball is in my court...

Repair and upgrade parts for my roaster have arrived. Sweet Maria's, with direction from Aillio in Taiwan, sent a new V2 power board with a tiny replacement board that is installed in the rear of the roaster. Plus a replacement control panel board assembly to hopefully deal with the comm issue that generates a recurring alarm with no error code visible.




Now I need some documentation that tells me how to proceed. Control panel first then test? or power board first then test? Both at the same time? It's a question of the interdependence of the new power board and the controller+firmware combo (if there is any).

It will be a relief to have this running properly again. For the last 2-3 months I've had to cross my fingers that I'd get thru each roast without power setting going to zero. PITA!

And while I'm whining, some cooler weather would be nice. Yet another day in the 100's. Yuk.

Julio, who is the Bullet guy at Sweet Maria's, sent me a sample roast of some Ethiopian decaf. Id' been whining to him that I have been trying roast after roast of various decafs with no results I'd be willing to share with anyone. Completely different kind of bean than what I normally buy and roasted lighter than I thought possible with decaffeinated beasn. We'll see.

Btw, if you've never seen what an inductive heater looks like, check the first photo: that's the coil that "induces" a current in ferrous material which (in the case of the Bullet) causes heating at 21,000 Hz. Or cycles per second in old-speak. A coil similar to this but a circular layout is what's hidden from sight under the glass surface of your inductive cook top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!