Almost done...

Up and running!
Except for doing a trial roast or two, I just finished upgrading to the V2 power board and replacing the control module (current production design; different connections than my vintage 1/2019 Bullet). USPS managed to deliver the replacement cable 2 days early (thank you USPS!) and I installed it the same afternoon. The replacement cable Julio sent, specific to the current control board, fit as it should.

Once the mods were installed I applied power and (after an unexpectedly long boot cycle) the Bullet was up and is running (I think!).

Lots of new sounds. The exhaust fan starts out just about screaming it's spinning so fast (almost scarey!). Then after 3 or 4 seconds it settles down to what I have come to expect.

That scarey start-up sound made me think to calibrate the exhaust fan before anything else. Easy-peasey: go through firmware set-up to step 6, then simultaneously press both the "+" & "-" buttons of the Fan control. That launches roughly 15 minutes of fan speed calibration. It finished without incident, so now the exhaust fan will operate at speeds I'm familiar with. Unfortunately the calibration did nothing to reduce the seemingly out-of-control fan speed at start-up. [What's that about?? I'll have to ask Julio (Sweet Maria's) or Matt Yau (Aillio).]

One nice surprise is that I now have variable drum speed for the first time since I received the Bullet in January 2019. From what I had read on the forum I assumed (there's that dangerous word!) the speed changes were so subtle I couldn't detect it by sound alone and that I'd need instrumentation of some sort. That's not the case when things work properly. Every drum speed change now produces an audible difference that's very apparent.

Now I'm ready to try a roast and see if things really do work.

Stand by... I'm goin' in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh-oh... the 'season' has started!

'Tis the season...

Monsoons? What monsoons?!